Ever wondered what an atom really looks like? Ever wondered how pharmaceuticals are manufactured? Or how plastics are made? Or how batteries operate? Then Chemistry is for you!
Chemistry is the study of matter and how it behaves under particular conditions. This encompasses the tiny details of subatomic particles to large scale manufacturing.
The Chemistry syllabus is a balance of written responses and calculations, so we focus on improving students literacy skills and mathematical knowledge. This allows them to confidently apply their knowledge to real world chemistry problems. We have a large focus on completing past exam papers and learning how to effectively read the Periodic Table and Data Sheet in order for students feel prepared for each and every exam question.
We also assist students in the completion of their compulsory Depth Studies in both Year 11 and Year 12.
We cover all areas of the syllabus (see below for modules).
Year 11 – Preliminary
- Module 1 – Properties and Structure of Matter
- Module 2 – Introduction to Quantitative Chemistry
- Module 3 – Reactive Chemistry
- Module 4 – Drivers of Reactions
Year 12 – HSC
- Module 5 – Equilibrium and Acid Reactions
- Module 6 – Acid/Base Reactions
- Module 7 – Organic Chemistry
- Module 8 – Applying Chemical Ideas